Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fall Parent Meetings...

I learned something today.  Sunday after church is just as bad a time for a parent meeting as any other time in the fall.  I should have known this before today, but it sounded like such a good idea so many months ago when we put it down.  What I DO know is the fall is crazy.  With back to school things as well as every activity, ministry, and club you’re involved with wanting to do a kick off, it seems crazy to ask parents to attend one more meeting.  I’m thinking we will change our thinking again on this matter (maybe old dogs can learn new tricks).  So, how do you plan and implement fall parent meetings?  Do you?  Is it worth it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For our fall parent meeting we invite the parents to one of our worship times. They get to experience a little bit of our regular program, and I give a brief Bible study. The rest of the time is giving out the information for our upcoming year. This has worked best for us.