Tuesday, May 16, 2006

First Post

So, I'm at the junior high summit and everyone seems to be blogging. I'm feeling the peer pressure to begin a blog, so here it goes.

This week is one I look forward to each year. There are 22 junior high pastors who gather each year to sharpen each other and talk shop on junior high ministry. Each of those who attend have been in ministry for at least ten years and see young teen ministry as a life-long vocation. I enjoy the time because it brings a group of peers in ministry together and that is not an easy thing to do when you're talking junior high ministry. Most of the time, people ask me when I'm going to stop doing young teen ministry. This crowd understands the passion for this age group and the desire to spend a lifetime working with them.

I look forward to posting and sharing thoughts, ideas, and musings on middle school ministry.

No comments: